It's time to take your Prom digital with GoFan. GoFan can support schools in selling Prom tickets online; allowing easy payment and event management.
To get started you have 2 choices
1. Submit your Prom Information to the GoFan team. Our Customer Experience team will take care of setting up your event. Please provide 2-3 business days to set up your event.
2. You can set up your Prom in GoFan HQ. Here's how:
There are two paths to creating a Prom event. The first is from the dashboard under the Quick Start menu. You can also click on “Events” in the Places menu on the left-hand side of the screen or via the hamburger menu at the top. From there, click on "Add Event" then select "School Dance" and follow the steps to create an event.
- Create a single event. Choose the box that says School Dance.
- Use the drop-down arrow under Activity to choose Prom.
- Your school will be listed as the Home and Financial school. If another school or sub-account is being paid remove your school and add the correct account.
- You will need to specify a particular Event Name here. This will appear at the top of your GoFan event page.
- Gate Opening Time controls when your tickets become available for use. By default, this is set to 4 hours before the event begins. You can also notate “valid anytime” if you want to be able to validate tickets at the doors immediately.
- Venue information will be pulled in directly from your school settings. However, if you have a unique venue for this event or a specific location at the venue, you can update it here.
- Event visibility - Once published, your event will be visible on GoFan.co within 15 minutes. If you want to hide this due to the use of private links or set the event to go live on the site at a later time and date, turn this toggle on (blue)
- If you want to use Access Codes to restrict who is able to purchase tickets, hide it from your GoFan page and fill out this form!
- If toggled on, you can choose to set a publish date and time for the event to show up on your GoFan page.
- Collect Additional Information from your purchasers - You can use the down arrow to click on the information you would like to obtain from your purchasers. These include name, student id, dates name, etc. If you would like to obtain information that is not listed in the pull-down menu, reach out to GoFan.
- Buyer purchase limit - If you would like your purchasers to be able to buy a limited amount of tickets per purchase, you would enter it here. Please note that this is per purchase and does not prevent them from purchasing another ticket in a separate transaction. You will have to use Access Codes to limit this.
- Event Payment Cycle - If you will be selling tickets for an extended amount of time, you may want to be paid on a weekly basis, as sales come in. This is called Calendar-based payment. If you would like to get paid after your dance event is over, click on Event-based payment.
- Tickets on Sale - Your event will be available for sale within 15 minutes after publishing. If you want to wait to put this on at a later time and date, it can be set here.
- Note: If you set an end time while the event is still going on, this will restrict your ability to sell on GoFan.co or Box Office. It is best practice to turn off ticket sales by "hiding" the event and turning off the ticket.
- If toggled off, you can choose to set a ticket on-sale date and time for the tickets to be available for purchase.
- Sale of tickets with different price points and sales time windows - You may choose to sell Early Bird Tickets and then Regular Tickets following. In this case, you would create two ticket types. After you have Published your event, you can leave clicked on the ticket that you would like enabled (this toggle will be blue). And you would like disabled the ticket you do not want active at this time. The toggle will be gray. If you have Promo Codes associated with multiple tickets and ticket windows, you will have to reach out to GoFan by filling out this form and they will set this up. Please note that if you are collecting information from your fans you will not be able to use Box Office.
Adding graphics, links, and larger amounts of copy
- Special Text, Graphics, or Links - Reach out to GoFan with a description of what you would like added. If you would like art for your dance event, please provide a PNG, Jpeg, or PDF file to GoFan. You also have the option to add a form on your purchase page. It is best practice to set up a Google Document from your school's Google Drive account and make it public. You would provide this Google Drive link to us so that we may upload it to the purchase page.