If your Box Office device is not processing credit card transactions, follow the troubleshooting steps below.
1. Identify the Issue:
- To see if the card was not read properly, insert or swipe the credit card again:
- If inserting, confirm the card is fully inserted and left until the transaction is complete. (green checkmark)
- If swiping, confirm the mag strip is facing the correct direction. (there is a visual on the card reader)
- To see if it is an issue with the WiFi, switch to LTE and retry the transaction.
- School WiFi can block credit card transaction
- If wifi is required, please reach out to your school IT department. Provide them with the information below to allow all traffic from the GoFan site:
- First, make sure that port 63357 is open
- The URL that uses the port is https://tms.bbpos.com:63357
- If you are still experiencing issues, make sure that the following domains are whitelisted as they are accessed by the GoFan Box Office application:
2. If neither of those steps work, follow the below steps to restart the device.
- Disconnect the card reader and close the Box Office app.
- Then reopen the Box Office app and reconnect the card reader. Attempt transaction again.