A tournament pass is a great option to allow fans to purchase a ticket once, but attend multiple sessions or days of a tournament. With a Tournament/Mobile Pass, a fan will use their pass to enter a game, the pass will "freeze" for a pre-determined amount of time (normally 30 minutes - 2 hours) and then it will reset, allowing fans to re-enter for the next session or day.
- You can choose for your Tournament/Mobile Pass to be good for 1 day or for multiple days. Your start and end dates would span the length of the pass.
- A form will be added by default for new passes, collecting First Name, Last Name, Phone Number, and Email Address. If there is other information you would like to collect from your purchasers, you will have to reach out to GoFan.
- Redemption window (in hours) is a required value for mobile pass creation in HQ. This value can be entered in tenths of an hour
- Pass-specific unique links can be created for a pass
Ready to get started? Follow these steps to set up a Tournament Pass using the GoFan Mobile Pass Product.
You will need to start from the main dashboard under the Quick Start menu. Click on "Create a Mobile Pass”.
Step 1: Required Settings
- Select the relevant Sport. You can only select a single sport at a time
- Select the correct Gender & Level. If the gender is unspecified, just choose “coed”. You can choose multiple levels here as well.
- Define the Tournament Date for the tournament to start.
- Make sure to toggle the All-Day Event option for a single day tournament pass.
- If you would like your tournament to span multiple days specify the start date and time and the end date and time of your pass.
- You can specify a particular Tournament Name here. This will appear at the top of your GoFan tournament page.
The ticket redemption window is set as the time frame (in hours) that a pass will reset after being used. For tournaments, we recommend a 1-hour time window.
- Venue information will be pulled in directly from your school settings. However, if you have a unique venue for this tournament or a specific location at the venue, you can update it here.
- Once you're done, click “Next”.
Step 2: Editing Optional Settings
- Event visibility - Once published, your tournament will be visible on GoFan.co within 15 minutes. If you want to hide this due to the use of private links turn this toggle on (blue).
- Tickets on Sale - Again, your tournament will be available for sale within 15 minutes after publishing.
- Event Alert is the bar that will appear at the top of GoFan.co with any high-priority information. For example, ”Masks Required”.
- Custom Descriptions:
- You can define a custom theme for your tournament, which appear on your GoFan event page
- A custom sport name will overwrite the sport on your GoFan event page
- The description is a detailed description of your tournament. For now, it is text-based only, but you can reach out to our team if you need additional formatting
- Pin to Top will put this tournament at the top of the Upcoming Events list on GoFan.
- Buyer Purchase Limit limits the number of tickets available per order. Today, fans can go through the funnel and complete multiple orders, but this limits the number of tickets per order.
- Once you're done with this page, click “Next”.
Step 3: Setup Ticket Types
Description: Ticket types are simply the tickets that are on sale for the tournament. You cannot sell Mobile Passes on Box Office. Only tickets can be sold on Box Office.
- Ticket Availability is the total amount of tickets you want to sell for the tournament. If you don’t want to limit capacity, choose “Unlimited tickets”.
- Ticket Types are the actual tickets you’d like to put on sale for the tournament. To add a ticket type, click the blue “Add ticket type” button.
- Ticket name will appear on your tournament. The price is the price of your ticket before fees.
- Current status allows you to turn on and off sales.
- Once you've added your ticket types, click "Next"
Take a quick minute to review your tournament setup. If everything looks good, just hit "Publish Event". If you've set your tournament to show immediately (not hiding the tournament), your tournament should be live on GoFan within 15 minutes.
Editing a Mobile/Tournament Pass:
- Similar to editing an event, only certain values can be edited for an existing mobile pass, depending on the end date of the pass and/or if passes have been sold. If you need to adjust the end time of pass, and that pass has already sold, you will have to reach out to GoFan to make that change.
- When viewing a mobile pass, you will see what the pass will look like for the fan - instead of the ticket view that is visible on events
- There is no ability to add an opponent or participant school to a mobile pass event
View and Manage Pass
Just like the fan management feature for tickets, you also have the ability to view and manage the fans who purchase a mobile pass. The view/sort/download functionality is the same for mobile passes as for events. There are a few specific callouts for mobile pass events, however:
- Click on the Event that has the pass and click on Manage attendees
- You can see how many times each pass has been used from the Redemption Count column on the table of attendees
- The redemption time of a mobile pass will show the most recent time the pass was used
- Additional form information collected can be viewed in the Attendee profile by selecting the fan's email address
Comp a Tournament Pass:
We've introduced some new functionality in HQ, allowing you to generate comp pass(es) for fans.
- From the top menu, choose Comp passes - it will be in blue type
- Just like on the complimentary ticket(s) for an event, email address and quantity are required inputs
- Once a comp pass is transferred it can only be transferred one additional time. If you are transferring to an opponent coach, the opponent coach would only be able to transfer 1 time