With the uptick in COVID-19 cases across the country, many schools, districts, and states are reinstating COVID protocols for live events. Here are some best practices that GoFan recommends for managing your events in light of updated protocols.
1. Set a ticket limit for each purchase.
In GoFanHQ, you can set a limit on how many tickets are allowed in each purchase. A fan cannot check out more than the ticket limit when buying tickets for a specific game.
2. Use the Alert feature to tell fans what to expect at your event.
The Event Alert will display as a red banner at the top of your event page. Here, you can share COVID protocols, ticket limits, etc.
3. Set an overall ticket capacity for the event.
If you have strict capacity limitations and you believe that you may have more demand for events than tickets, make sure to set a limit on the total number of tickets available.
4. Leverage our new Split Tickets functionality to divide tickets between teams.
You can ensure that both teams have access to their allotment of tickets using our Split Tickets functionality in GoFanHQ. When you set the total ticket limit for the event, toggle Split Tickets ON. You will then have the option to allocate a specific number of tickets to each team.
Once you save the event, a Unique school link will be generated for each school. Share that link with your Home team families and the Visiting school to give fans the right access to their ticket allotment.
5. Keep your event Hidden until families have the opportunity to purchase.
Most schools want to give their players' families access to purchase tickets first. Keep your event Hidden from your GoFan page and share your Event Link with families so they don't miss the opportunity to purchase tickets. If you still have tickets available closer to the game, you can make an event Visible at any time.
6. Cancel an event at any time
If something happens and your event cannot go on as scheduled, you have several options:
1. Reschedule the event and honor all pre-purchased tickets
2. Complete the Cancellation process to issue refunds for all pre-purchased tickets. Refunds are typically processed in 1-2 business days, and GoFan refunds 100% of the purchase price back to fans.
All of these edits can be made directly in GoFanHQ. For more information on editing events, check out this School Support Article with step-by-step instructions for event editing.
By the end of January 2022, GoFan will be releasing the ability to manage/edit a whole season's worth of events at once. Until then, event adjustments will need to be made event by event.